The Flawless Consulting Fieldbook and Companion: A Guide to Understanding Your Expertise
by Peter Block
In this time of free agency, outsourcing, and cross-functional work teams, consulting has become a part of everyone's job. Plus, we live in an era in which we are forced to hire professionals to provide the help we used to seek from friends. Some of this need for instant expertise is for reassurance; some is just that we do not have time to learn it ourselves. So despite all the ambivalence surrounding consulting, it has grown into big business and generally infiltrated our lives.
The intent of this book is:
- To support the integrity of your expertise
- To change your mind about how you interpret your own consulting experience
- To broaden your way of thinking
- To bring a manageable dose of therapy and art, philosophy and literature into your thoughts about consulting
- To do so in a comforting and simple way
Refreshing relevant and highly readable.
Posted by Deborah McCormick on 12th Jul 2015
I purchased this book having heard Peter Block's The Right use of Power. I haven't completed the book yet because i've only recently bought it but so far I have thoroughly enjoyed it. The material is refreshingly honest, insightful and offers perspectives that will enhance my practice - thank you.